Thursday, February 10, 2011

Man, that's Stucked Up

"The loads are stucked up," I read.

WTF?

"The loads are stucked up."

What the heck does that mean?  Was it naughty?  Was it a type-o ?  Only one of the many ciphers I'll have to sort out today while receiving emails from people who don't know English very well.  Despite living and working in the United States, I was some what of a minority at the workplace.  Me, a white girl.

But it is not my differences that make up the story I will tell.  This story-telling is a trip through the rabbit hole into the world of I.T. and it can get pretty "stucked up"  uh, I mean fucked up.

I looked back at the email with the curious title, and I realized it was a non-native English speaker's attempt to use an euphemism.  How cute. On to the next email...

Oh joy.  It looks like I will be working again this weekend.  It won't be a question of if I'll need medication to get through the week, the question will be what kind.  I'm slowly loosing my mind, one deployment at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment