Friday, August 21, 2015

Seriously dude...you have a problem with gas


Have you ever farted at work?  I think just about everyone has. If you are like me you were probably at first shocked that you did it then next, looked around to see if anyone heard it, then hoped and prayed it didn't stink.  Right?  Apparently my co-worker doesn't have the same views for this or his nasty belches that come at worst around 5 times an hour at the sound volume that can be heard at least 10 feet away.  Never once an excuse me.  

What the heck is wrong with this guy, seriously? I got so fed up yesterday I stood up and slammed my chair into my desk and walked out to avoid saying anything that would get me fired.  I've been in my industry for nearly 20 years and I have NEVER had a problem of this magnitude with another employee's personal habits.  

I do talk on the phone to external vendors.  I talk on the phone to my team in other states.  What am I to expect they can hear?  Thank God they can't smell anything.  What's even more frustrating is my organization's inability to address the issue.  Every single person I have brought the issue up with has backed off of it immediately as a cultural issues.  Well, I checked and it's NOT ACCEPTABLE in this guy's home country and it sure as HELL isn't acceptable in mine.

My friends have offered a few suggestions to get the guy to stop that may NOT actually get me fired, but would be sure to offend the person.  These ideas were those such as placing Gas-X on his desk, anonymously, placing a cork and some super glue on his desk, and lastly spraying air freshener every time he belches or farts.  I tried the last idea for over a month.  It failed.   He just doesn't get it.  

I think what frustrates me the most is that I am powerless in the situation.  I am an independent, take-charge, take-no-bullshit kind of gal and I am super dooper, pissed at this rude ass p.o.s.  

No comments:

Post a Comment